C-ing Christ
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Hey guys, I've been reading this series of christian science fiction books, and I think it's quite interesting. If you can find time off from your busy schedule (well, I know mine is), perhaps you can try borrowing these books and take a look at it. It's called the Left Behind series, authored by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, and I think some of you have probably heard of it. It deals with the prophecies in the Book of Revelation, regarding the end times. I've not yet finished the entire series, so far I've only arrived at the 5th book out of 12, but I'm so captivated by the storyline that I can't wait to read more! The first book might seem a bit dry, but from the second book onwards, the pace of the story picks up.The book starts off with the event known as the 'rapturing of the church', where Christ takes all the believers off the face of the earth. In an instant, the all Christians and children under the age of 12 vanish immediately off the face of the earth. in the resulting chaos, a aspiring politician from Romania who is the antichrist rises to prominence with his extraordinary ability to charm and persuade people. He soon uses his unique ability to make himself the president of Romania, followed by appointment as the Secretary-General of the United Nations. Following that, he reinvents the UN, calling it the Global Community (or, GC), and relocates its headquarters to a city in Iraq called New Babylon. At the same time, Israel has risen to become the richest nation in the world, due to the invention of a scientific formula which allows crops to grow anywhere in the world, be it in tundra regions or desert sands. As a result of it's invention, many nations are jealous of Israel and Russia goes to the extent of declaring war on them. Israeli military forces are caught unawares by the Russian attack, but in an obvious act of divine intervention, meteors fall from the sky, totally annihillating the Russian army, but at the same time not a single Jewish soldier is harmed. The antichrist, being the deceiver that he is, offers Israel a seven-year peace treaty (whereby Israel comes under the protection of the Global Community) in exchange for the magic formula. This peace treaty ushers in the start of the period of tribulation, which will last for seven years and will see 3/4 of the earth's population wiped out by divine judgements, until the glorious reappearing of Jesus Christ.
In the midst of all the chaos, a group of those who were left behind after the rapture (hence the title of the series), band together to form the Tribulation Force. With only the Bible as their guide, they learn what they must do to confront the antichrist and at the same time bring as many of their friends into Christ before it is too late.
For those who want to read the book, I think you can borrow it from the Central Library, or any of the NLB libraries.
Here's a picture of the cover of the first few books in the series:





Yup, that's all for now, going to sleep soon.
Regards,
Julian
1:38 AM
C-ing Christ
C-ing Christ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home