C-ing Christ
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Thanksgiving:I just ended our youth camp in church today. We had a wonderful time of sessions at the bible trail with the SYFC though I fell asleep in many of the workshops. hahaha...
Anyway last night we had a time to re-dedication for the youths, the most amazing part was that for the first time the group of youths that grew up in church that were really hard to handle esp becoz they refuse to listen and rowdy and stuff. They wanted to be prayed for. Not one of them but ALL of them (its quite a big grp). We brought them to the prayer room to pray for them and they were so filled with the spirit that they kept weeping and weeping and each one of them on their own confessed of their sins and prayed for forgiveness and for the Lord to come and clean up their lives, they also surrendered their lives to the Lord. It was amazing because they prayed with so much conviction and humilty....usually when we ask them to pray for something its usually not like that.
As we continued to pray for and with them, more and more prayers were said for forgiveness and for the group to grow together to make a 180 turn back to God. Watching them grow up in church sometimes I would say that we sometimes gave up on them. How Lord, how to help them? We were usually at wits end. Kneeling there and embracing them....i told the Lord that I see his magnificant love and grace for them and everyone else that He has been so faithful to them. I guess sometimes we encounter diffficult pple and we just wonder if God will really work thru anyone of them. Like what's the point of praying and praying when nothing seems to change? But I learnt yesterday that nothing was impossible in God's eyes. I saw it for myself, all the boys that I felt would take a big miracle or something drastic for them to turn to God (I saw that miracle last nite). There they were in the prayer room praying and earnestly seeking for forgiveness and lifting up their lives to the Lord. I think we prayed for a solid 1 to 2 hours with them.
After clearing up and emptying the trash walking back to church. It suddenly dawned on me that it was an fulfilled prayer that I had for them, in my first year of junior youth ministry I would pray for this group of boys often. but less and less over the years as disappointment in them piled up higher and higher.
It was a wonderful time of re-dedication and the show of God's power, love and grace that could pierce even the hardest heart. Is there someone you really think God cannot help, or someone you have been praying for the longest time? Take heart that the Lord does work, in his own time. The shepherd will never abandon his lost sheep.
Parable of the Lost sheep Matt 18:12-14
12"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? 13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.
The Lord is faithful to his promises, pray and believe in His words and His promises. Hope this is an encouragement for many of us, persevere..God will be faithful. I pray that our cg will continue to grow to love and serve Our God more and more.
Okiez, Prayer request...
I will be leaving for Thailand tomorrow morning for mission trip.
Pray that I will refreshed for the trip, I haven been sleep well n been having very little hours of sleep. And I have a sore throat all that shouting and screaming and also feeling a cold coming up. Plus I haven prepared for devotion I am supposed to do, pray that I will have inspiration and time to do it.
Journey mercy and the usual...
Our God lives,
LW
1:55 PM
C-ing Christ
C-ing Christ
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home